Friday, August 28, 2009

Helping, and accepting help

It makes me so happy to be able to help people.

Helping people in big ways, small ways, just that overwhelming feeling of knowing that I made a difference, big or small, its just an indescribable feeling.

I wish I could be one of the few who are able to work with people in say, a hospital, nursing home, or anything in the medical field, but I just can't. I'd get too attached to the person and it just wouldn't be a good situation. Plus, I'd always be worried I was hurting them in some way. I admire people in this field.

So why is it, that I love helping people so much, I am so unable to ask for help or accept help myself, without enormous feelings of guilt?

I like to feel like I can manage things on my own. I don't want to have to turn to someone and say:

I need some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vehicles of Osbourne

 I am going to give you a brief overview of the vehicles my husband John and I own. (in no specific order) 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk - ...