Friday, February 15, 2013

Elvis Presley Gospel

Hi Guys,

So as I am sure you've all surmised by now, I am a Elvis Presley fan. I have been for as long as I can remember. I was brainwashed as a kid. I come from a long line of Elvis Presley fans, so there was really no escaping it.

A day without Elvis Presley is a day without sunshine.

Occasionally, Sirius XM Satellite radio has promotional periods where they allow their station to be accessible to anyone who has the equipment to get it. My Ford Focus has it, so I from time to time hit the button to see if its one of those free times.

I always listen to channel 19, which is Elvis.

I've found that by listening to that station, not only do I get to hear my favorites, I also get to hear forgotten gems, unreleased songs, alternate takes, or songs I've never heard.  I also get to hear little know facts, as well as interviews with Elvis peeps.

One of the many Elvis Presley albums I have is "How Great Thou Art", and I am loving it.

My favorite gospel song is How Great Thou Art. Its a family favorite, it was my maternal Grandma's favorite song, and she specifically requested at her funeral, that this song be sang, and no cheating, all 4 verses. I was 17 when she died, and for every family member who has died since then, this song is a staple. If you die in our family, its a given that this song be played. As a result, while I do adore it, as its my favorite, it also makes me cry. So that one, I am not going to post.

I am going to however post the 2 songs I am really stuck on right now from youtube for your enjoyment.

Take care,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vehicles of Osbourne

 I am going to give you a brief overview of the vehicles my husband John and I own. (in no specific order) 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk - ...