An evening in the ER

Hi guys,

So as you all have read, I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy last friday.  Nothing very exciting happened afterward, nothing unsual. Until yesterday afternoon.

I had a can of soup for lunch, not a bowl of shards of glass with a side of razor blades.

I went to the bathroom, and the entire toilet was filled with blood. Like....horror story blood. Wow. That surprised me a little, (since I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago!).

I didn't really think it was an emergency because I felt fine. No pain, not dizzy. Sure, a little tired, but fine.

I figured I'd email the doc just in case.

Okay about 2 hours after I emailed the doc, same thing happened when I went to the bathroom. Hm. Not good.

Doc's nurse called me back. Said to go on a liquid diet (oh goody), and if it happens again, go to the ER. (sigh)

Okay.

Less then 3 minutes later the Doctor himself called me back and said to go to the ER. Great.

I went to the ER (and as a side note the Doc called my cell phone 3 more times, but I wasn't able to answer).

So they checked my hemoglobin, blood flow, and gave me IV fluids and the ER talked to the Doc, who is doing another colonoscopy on me today to figure out what the hell the problem is.

In the mean time I feel guilty as hell for making the people I love worry about me. I hate it when people make a big deal over me. It makes me uncomfortable.

I'm also hungry.

But hey....It could be worse right? I am not a bag lady.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wanna Be Johnny's Girl

November Osbourne Update