Healthy April Update

Hi Guys,

I forgot to update you on my Crohn's saga.

Yesterday morning the doc called me to see how I was doing, any recurring bloody scenes, etc.

I told him no, all was quiet on that front.

He said to stay on the liquid diet and we don't have to do the colonoscopy. (which I was doing without sedation, since I had no driver and wasn't going to miss any more work), so I was pleased about that decision, although not so excited about the liquid diet part. When you're hungry and haven't eaten in a few days the last thing you want is broth or tea. I want a cheese burger or a plate of spaghetti.

So yesterday went fine. After work I went to my friend Kim's house for dinner. She had her tonsils out and is on a liquid diet too, so we had protein shakes together. So filling. So delicious.  . . sort of.

I am suppose to get a call from the Doc this morning to check in and (hopefully) release me from the liquid diet.

I was marveling to John how attentive and caring this doc seemed. John scoffed.

"This guy is just worried he screwed up and you'll bleed to death and die then I'll slap him with a malpractice suit for wrongful death".

Well....

I guess I hadn't thought of that.

During the procedure the doc did take 30-35 biopsies throughout the large intestine (that seems excessive to me, but I didn't go to medical school, so I'll give him a pass on that one), and he did take 2 huge polyps out...I am still waiting on the pathology report on that one.

Anyway, lets hope for good news.

Tomorrow is CAT scan day. Scanning my esophagus and stomach. Esophagus is narrowing and stomach lining is inflammed. Damn am I a fine, healthy chick or what? LOL.

Still not a bag lady, so W I N N I N G. (Charlie Sheen voice)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wanna Be Johnny's Girl

November Osbourne Update