Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Stand, by Stephen King - big screen movie!

So, my favorite book of all time, which I re-read and listen to in audiobook format, is “The Stand” by Stephen King.

I’m sure we’ve all seen the TV Miniseries that was done in the 90’s – which in my opinion wasn’t bad. 

I think that Gary Sinise was the perfect Stu Redman. 

Also, Adam Storke as Larry Underwood was spot on.

For the last 2 years, rumors have been floating around about a big screen remake of this, for which I am a huge supporter and I can’t WAIT for more details.

Currently I am listening to the audiobook of “The Stand”, and as I enjoy this, I am imagining in my mind which actors I’d like for characters.

So, for fun, here is my dream cast – so far. What do you think?

Randall Flagg – Tom Cruise
(Don’t you think he’d make the ultimate “Dark Man”)?

Nadine Cross – Jessica Alba

Stu Redman – Josh Holloway

Fran Goldsmith – Natalie Portman 

Larry Underwood – Justin Timberlake

Lucy Swan – Drew Barrymore 

Glen Bateman – Anthony Hopkins

Nick Andros – Jared Padalecki (Rob Lowe nailed it, btw)

Tom Cullen – this is a tough one – the guy who played him originally did so well, its hard to imagine anyone else in the role. Maybe Leonardo Dicaprio?

Mother Abigail – Wanda Sykes

Trashcan Man - Billy Bob Thorton


This is all I can think of now. 

I thought of Jensen Ackles for Stu Redman, but Josh Holloway’s southern accent is perfect for the character. Also thought of Terry O’Quinn for Glen Bateman, but I think Anthony Hopkins would be a better fit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vehicles of Osbourne

 I am going to give you a brief overview of the vehicles my husband John and I own. (in no specific order) 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk - ...