Friday, February 21, 2020

Music is Magic


​For some people, music isn't a huge part of their lives. At the most they'll listen to the radio in the car, or when the alarm clock goes off, but really no more than that.  For me however, music is a huge part of my life, and I think it stems from my upbringing and what I was exposed to from an early age. 

My Dad was in a band when he was younger with some cousins, they had a group called "Dukes of Earl".  My Dad's cousin was the lead singer, who as it happens is a huge Elvis Presley fan as I am. Dad plays the guitar, banjo, drums and piano.  I played piano, so did Mom.  When I heard or discovered a song I really liked, typically I'd go and get the sheet music so I could learn it on the piano. 

Music accompanies my life daily.  Monday - Friday at work, when I am working on an order entry project, I love having my music playlist keeping me company.  On the weekend, when its housework time, I can't do it without music.  When I am playing with my ipad, playing a game or whatever, if the TV isn't on, I have music playing. My husband and I ride share, and we have an hour commute. We both have a diverse taste in music, so we almost always have music on. 

There really isn't a genre of music I dislike, but I will admit to not being a HUGE country fan, but some I do like. ​

​When I am sad, anxious or upset music will nearly always pull me out of whatever issue I am dealing with mentally. 

I'm sure you've surmised by now if you've read this blog,, that I am a huge Elvis Presley fan.  I also however enjoy many other genres - metal, rock, pop, classical, alternative, blues, jazz and oldies to name a few. 

Are you a music fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vehicles of Osbourne

 I am going to give you a brief overview of the vehicles my husband John and I own. (in no specific order) 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk - ...