A song just played on my iphone and it made me recall this. There is this one hit wonder called: "Bobby's Girl" by Marcie Blane from the 60's. When I FIRST met John, I was 18, going on 19, and I'd walk around the house (I lived at home), and I'd sing the lyrics, except I'd change it from "Bobby's Girl" to "Johnny's girl" there is this one part of the song where the back ground singers are singing: "Your not a kid anymore...." On the icing on my birthday cake when I turned 19, Mom had the bakers write: "Your not a kid anymore".... Here are the lyrics to that song: (You're not a kid anymore) (You're not a kid anymore) When people ask of me What would you like to be Now that your not a kid anymore (You're not a kid anymore) I know just what to say I answer right away There's just one thing I've been wishing for... I want to be Bobby's girl I want to be Bobby's g...
My dear beloved friend Sharon Gammell is dying. I wish I didn't have to type that. I wish that it were not true. It is true, though. The last time I talked to Sharon was in October, and she gave me some advise when I emailed her for help. She did for me quite frequently. After my sweet Rommy bear died, she was there for me and made the days easier for me. Sharon sold Thayer's Historic Bed & Breakfast last year. At the time I was a little surprised at her decision. Now though, I think I understand. Sharon moved to Belgrade, Minnesota, where she primarily focused on doing psychic readings from her website. Around the last week in October, early November, I had a bad feeling about her and went to post on her facebook wall. Then a friend of hers that she had an appointment for a psychic reading for emailed me, concerned because Sharon missed their appointment, and she wasn't answering her phone. That is NOT like Sharon at all, and so I tried calling her too....
Anything is possible. If there was ever a time to dare, to make a difference, to embark on something worth doing, IT IS NOW. Not for any grand cause, necessarily. . . but for something that tugs at your heart, something that's your inspiration, something that's your dream. You owe it to yourself to make your days here count. HAVE FUN. DIG DEEP. STRETCH. DREAM BIG. Know, though, that things worth doing seldom come easy. There will be good days. And there will be bad days. There will be times when you want to turn around, pack it up, and call it quits. Those times tell you that you are pushing yourself, that you are not afraid to learn by trying. PERSIST. Because with an idea, determination, and the right tools, you can do great things. Let your instincts, your intellect, and your heart, guide you. TRUST. Believe in the incredible power of the human mind. Of doing something that makes a difference. Of working hard. Of laughing and hoping. Of lazy afternoons. Of las...
Comments
Post a Comment