A song just played on my iphone and it made me recall this. There is this one hit wonder called: "Bobby's Girl" by Marcie Blane from the 60's. When I FIRST met John, I was 18, going on 19, and I'd walk around the house (I lived at home), and I'd sing the lyrics, except I'd change it from "Bobby's Girl" to "Johnny's girl" there is this one part of the song where the back ground singers are singing: "Your not a kid anymore...." On the icing on my birthday cake when I turned 19, Mom had the bakers write: "Your not a kid anymore".... Here are the lyrics to that song: (You're not a kid anymore) (You're not a kid anymore) When people ask of me What would you like to be Now that your not a kid anymore (You're not a kid anymore) I know just what to say I answer right away There's just one thing I've been wishing for... I want to be Bobby's girl I want to be Bobby's g...
My dear beloved friend Sharon Gammell is dying. I wish I didn't have to type that. I wish that it were not true. It is true, though. The last time I talked to Sharon was in October, and she gave me some advise when I emailed her for help. She did for me quite frequently. After my sweet Rommy bear died, she was there for me and made the days easier for me. Sharon sold Thayer's Historic Bed & Breakfast last year. At the time I was a little surprised at her decision. Now though, I think I understand. Sharon moved to Belgrade, Minnesota, where she primarily focused on doing psychic readings from her website. Around the last week in October, early November, I had a bad feeling about her and went to post on her facebook wall. Then a friend of hers that she had an appointment for a psychic reading for emailed me, concerned because Sharon missed their appointment, and she wasn't answering her phone. That is NOT like Sharon at all, and so I tried calling her too....
Ya know, its tough to sometimes supress my inner smart ass. Too often I'll be at work, at home, in the car observing other drivers & people, or just out in the world, and so MANY smart alecky thoughts and/or actions I'd like to do run through my mind. My Grandma Maty use to say that it was a good thing she didn't always do or say what she was thinking, and when I was younger, I didn't understand what she meant at all. That feeling must be genetic. I know EXACTLY what she means. As I consider that last statement, I take that back. I KNOW its genetic. Because if I am out in the world, as I described above, and my sister Rachel is with me, all it takes is one look exchanged between us, and there is at least a 85% chance she knows exactly what I am thinking, and the same thought had occurred to her as well. (which is why when we worked at the same company together for a few years, they had to separate us, we use to get into too much trouble)
Comments
Post a Comment