Delete


Well, we did a thing.

John and I dumped social media.

All of it.

Not temporarily. Not a dramatic “taking a break to focus on myself” announcement followed by quietly returning three days later. 😏

We just…deleted it.

And strangely enough, it feels kind of powerful.

At some point we realized how much time we were spending staring at our phones, scrolling through the lives and opinions of people we don’t actually know while sitting approximately three feet away from the person we chose to spend our actual life with.

That seems a little ridiculous when you really think about it. 😂

We have a house we love. A yard full of flowers, birds, bees, toads and assorted creatures who apparently consider the property theirs. We have Hunter, Maverick, Marshall, approximately four thousand zebra finches, two ball pythons and a betta fish.

We have movies to watch.

Coffee to drink.

Projects to start and possibly never finish.

Plants for me to obsess over.

Things for John to fix because I had an idea. 😇

And, after more than thirty years together, we still genuinely like hanging out with each other.

Why exactly were we giving so much of our free time to an algorithm?

So we decided we aren’t anymore.

I’m sure we’ll occasionally miss something. We won’t know what everyone is angry about this week. We may remain tragically uninformed about the latest internet argument involving people we’ve never met.

Somehow, I think we’ll survive. 😏

Instead, we’re going to spend that time together.

With our animals.

In our yard.

Watching ridiculous television.

Laughing.

Talking.

Living our own lives instead of scrolling through everybody else’s.

And you know what?

It feels really, really good.

The internet can carry on without us.

We’ve got stuff to do. 😎❤️

—Land of Osbourne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wanna Be Johnny's Girl

The Ties That Bind—and Break

Osbourne Pets Update 2022