Friday, March 8, 2013

Well....

Doctor called back with the CT scan results, as well as with the pathology report from the colonoscopy.

Good news, no problem they can detect with the esophagus / stomach. Why the narrowing then? Its an allergic reaction to a food that I've developed an allergy to. I've narrowed it down to dairy.

Bad news...

Well..

Bad news is my liver has fat deposits on it - so that means I have to get off my ass and get more exercise and eat better.  I would like to bitch for a second on this issue though - how exactly am I suppose to successfully loose weight if I can't eat fruits and vegetables? Whatever. I'll find a way. I'll just hang out with my pal Elliptical more.

Other bad news...

The biopsies they took are still precancerous. These cells turn into cancer.

I asked the doctor how they deal with that, if it turns into cancer? His response? Colon removal.

Okay.

We all know how I feel about that.

I told the doctor that surgery is not an option.

He said he knows that is how I feel, so their new plan is to do a colonoscopy every 6 months instead of every year.

Doesn't that sound fun?

He also said he wants to discuss the pathology report with a few other colleagues further and he'll call me back in 7-10 days. (to tell me what? I didn't ask).

I'm sort of crabby about all this. Not sad, not upset. Just....crabby.

Not going to be a bag lady. Nope.

Not sorry either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vehicles of Osbourne

 I am going to give you a brief overview of the vehicles my husband John and I own. (in no specific order) 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk - ...