Thursday, August 8, 2019

my step-son Johnathan

When my step-son Johnathan was a little boy, I'd often take him and my niece Kathryn to my parents home for the weekend. 

While in Brainerd, MN where my parents have a lakeshore home, we'd quite often make our way to the local coffee shop called "The Cocoa Moon".  Usually, when you bring a kid to a coffee shop, they typically order something along the lines of hot chocolate.  

Johnathan was looking at the menu and decided he wanted a Cappuchino. My Mom and I exchanged looks, and I asked Johnathan if he was sure that is what he wanted, he assured us that is what he wanted, he has had it before. Mom and I again exchanged doubtful looks, but ordered what he wanted.  

Ok, so we're all sitting down, drinking our coffee.  Johnathan takes a sip of his, and declares: "I need to get some more sugar for mine"....okay -  he gets up and gets a few packets of sugar and pours it into his drink and mixes it up.  Few minutes later, he gets up and says he needs a little more.   This happened about 5 times.  I figured there was at least 2 inches of sugar at the bottom of the cup by the time he was done.

As we were leaving, he tossed his coffee and stated that they must make coffee different there.  

I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to give a 10 year old kid espresso and lots of sugar, but I guess hindsite is 20/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vehicles of Osbourne

 I am going to give you a brief overview of the vehicles my husband John and I own. (in no specific order) 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk - ...